Looking for past TMT Predictions?
Access the collection of previous years' predictions
Each year Deloitte's TMT Predictions reveal the perspectives gained from hundreds of conversations with industry leaders, and tens of thousands of consumer interviews across the globe. Here you'll find the complete reports from predictions of the past few years.
Deloitte Global Predictions 2018
The technology, media and entertainment, and telecommunications ecosystem remains as fascinating as ever in 2018. Will augmented reality become mainstream? How will machine learning affect the enterprise? What's the future of the smartphone? Deloitte Global invites you to read the latest Predictions report, designed to provide insight into transformation and growth opportunities over the next one to five years.
The 11 Predictions of 2018 combined Deloitte Global thinking, original and secondary research, perspectives gained from hundreds of conversations with industry leaders, and the aggregated opinions of tens of thousands of consumer across the globe.
Below is a list of the topics covered in last year's report:
- Mobile-only: wireless home internet is bigger than you think
- Is there an #adlergic epidemic? Adblocking across media
- Smartphones are useful, but they can be distracting
- Digital media: the subscription prescription
- The kids are alright: no tipping point in T.V. view viewing trends for 18-24 year olds
- Fasten your seatbelts: in-flight connectivity takes off
- Hitting the accelerator: the next generation of machine learning
- Machine learning: things are getting intense
- The future of the smartphone: the era of invisible innovation