2021 Global Automotive Consumer Study
Tracking key changes in the automotive industry
What consumer trends and disruptive technologies will have the most impact on the automotive industry in the year ahead? Explore the data and insights from the 12th year of Deloitte’s Global Automotive Consumer Study and discover how more than 24,000 consumers from 23 countries are feeling about electric vehicles, vehicle purchasing, financing, and more.
Digital transformation in the automotive industry
From September through October 2020, Deloitte surveyed more than 24,000 consumers in 23 countries to explore opinions regarding a variety of critical issues affecting the automotive sector, including the development of advanced technologies. The 2021 Global Automotive Consumer Study provides important insights that can help companies prioritize and better position their business strategies and investments in the year to come.
- Insights gleaned from the research include:
- Electric vehicles (EVs) still have hurdles to clear
- People remain concerned about the security and safety of a connected vehicle
- Pandemic delays demand for new vehicles
- The future preference of buying vehicles in-person versus virtual is still to be determined
For more details on emerging automotive industry trends, download the full report.
For more details on emerging automotive industry trends in EMEA countries, download the full report.
Key study findings