Discovery & Digital Forensics
Connecting the dots for your investigation
Deloitte understands that our clients face many different types of discovery and digital forensic matters. To help them address these potential challenges, our Discovery and Digital Forensics practice offers a full range of services across the forensic, discovery, and investigative lifecycles.
Whether tasked with preserving data from thousands of mobile devices, or improving the efficiency of document review through the application of machine learning, we combine the highly specialized skills of our people, our commitment to technological advancement, and the Deloitte Global network to provide deeper insights and smarter, more efficient solutions.
Deloitte offers data collection services across a wide range of data sources and devices. Our teams use industry standard forensic software and hardware to improve drive acquisition speed, and multiple options for write blocking to help maintain the integrity and authenticity of data of each collection. Our professionals follow industry standard chain of custody (CoC) guidelines. The collection methodologies and CoC documentation are designed to meet requirements for court acceptance.
- Computer forensics: Deloitte Discovery’s experienced computer forensics professionals can help you find the critical information that you need by collecting, preserving, and harvesting data from mobile devices, computer systems, servers, cloud systems and back-up media, while maintaining/preserving data authenticity and chain of custody. We can also conduct advanced digital forensics analysis on networks, RAM memory, mobile devices, and video. We also offer advanced decryption services, advanced file and system recovery, and forensic tape analysis and recovery.
- Mobile device discovery: Deloitte Discovery’s experienced computer forensics professionals help you extract, preserve, and analyze the critical information from mobile devices, including smart-phones, tablets, and Global Positioning System devices, while maintaining/preserving data authenticity. Due to the rapidly changing mobile field, the ability to extract data and the type of data that can be extracted changes based on the device type and model. We use industry standard tools and techniques to extract and preserve the data from these devices. From the resulting image or extraction, we can produce a corresponding discovery load file containing the extracted mobile device data including the corresponding meta-data. This enables mobile device data to be loaded and reviewed with traditional data using standard discovery tools.
Deloitte Discovery has been providing eDiscovery services to corporate legal and IT departments, their outside counsel, and government agencies for many years. Our primary objective is to help our clients address the complexities associated with eDiscovery and information governance through the delivery of a comprehensive set of services and solutions. Our discovery services include:
- Document review services: Deloitte’s Document Review Services team assists you organization and your legal counsel by helping to improve the overall document review process. Our focus is on streamlining the review, improving accuracy, and creating cost savings through leading practices and workflows such as, pre- and post-processing data culling, the use of predictive coding and other analytics, and providing real-time reporting.
- Discovery analytics: Deloitte Discovery employs advanced analytics and reporting solutions that are designed to help reduce the risks and costs associated with electronic discovery. We leverage advanced analytics and statistical techniques to both inform you about document populations that require review and to evaluate the use of cost-saving technologies. You receive the benefits of analytic technology through approachable, easy-to-understand scoring methods, prioritizations, and visual analyses.
- Artificial intelligence enabled contract management: Deloitte’s artificial intelligence-enabled contract management services helps you build, review, and manage a contract lifecycle framework that helps sustain and secure your business interests, while bringing efficiency into the process. We can help you identify key contracts faster to better facilitate the enforcement of your rights, renegotiate contracts, and identify potential areas of lost revenue or stranded costs.
Forensic Incident Response
The increase of cybercrime and data breaches continue to pose major problems for organizations in today’s digital world. While cyber criminals can create service disruptions through cyber-attacks, the most advanced methods of penetrations and breaches are specifically designed to remain undetected on your network as they collect and capture valuable data. Deloitte helps organizations to respond to cyber crime incidents in a forensically sound manner. Our professionals understand the uncertainties, risks, challenges and opportunities in the operating environments of large, complex organizations. Coupled with our industry experience we can deliver services, perspectives and solutions that best suit you, your business, your goals and, most importantly, your data.