Assistance in measurement, management and reporting of the organization’s economic, social and environmental impact
Imperfect and incomplete information about the actual implications of the company’s activity may lead to misallocation of resources and – more often than not – poor decision making.
The management of the company can sense the lack of such information, but is limited by different resources (timing, skilled staff) when it comes to the proper impact reporting structuring process.
In assisting numerous clients with the impact reporting process, Deloitte developed a broad range of types of support which can be provided separately or together, depending on the client’s need. These are:
- Analysis of key impact areas and identification of significant spheres of the organization’s social and economic influence;
- Design of economic, social and environmental impact metrics;
- Analysis of the fiscal and economic (direct, indirect and induced) influence of the organization from the industry, regional and national perspective;
- Analysis of the impact of regulatory and economic changes on the organization, environment and industries, analysis and construction of alternative scenarios, economic analyses at micro and macroeconomic levels;
- Development of a plan of strategic activities aimed at mitigating negative influences and enhancing positive influences on the environment (possibly also providing support in obtaining public funds for financing selected activities);
- Preparation and implementation of a system for managing the overall impact of the organization on its environment;
- Preparation of materials to be published (including reports, brochures, mobile applications, websites, etc.) and development of other visual and electronic communication tools (e.g. preparation of a video clip to present the results of the impact analysis);
- Devising a strategy and communication action plan, as well as providing support for selected communication activities for presenting the results of the impact analysis.
Main benefits for clients:
- Fostering an attractive and favourable climate for the company’s operations;
- Transparency in communicating with stakeholders;
- Legitimization of the company’s operations;
- Conscious business decisions and optimization of activities;
- Appropriate allocation of resources and methods of utilizing them;
- Identification of new possibilities in the entire value chain;
- Management of risks, inclusive of reputational risks;
- Promotion of responsible business ideas and sustainable development;
- Trust between the enterprise and its environment.