Cultural Cooperation Projects in the Western Balkans
Call for Proposals
EU News, April 2020
Call for Proposals „Strengthening cultural cooperation with and competiveness of cultural and creative industries in the Western Balkans“ (EACEA/39/2019) is entirely funded by the Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA II) and it is implemented in accordance with the applicable rules of the Creative Europe programme.
The objectives of this Call
The overall objective of this Call is to foster reconciliation and good neighborly relations in the Western Balkans through cultural cooperation and creation.
The specific objectives of this Call are:
- to increase cultural cross-border cooperation within the Western Balkans region and the EU Member States;
- to strengthen the competitiveness of the cultural and creative industries in the region.
Priorities of this Call:
- Increase the capacity of cultural and creative industries to operate transnationally and internationally,
- Increase transnational circulation of cultural and creative works and transnational mobility of cultural and creative players,
- Enhance inter-cultural dialogue between artists, cultural operators as well as the general public.
In order to be eligible, a proposal must be submitted by a partnership composed of at least 5 organisations (project leader and partners) from countries participating in the EU Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance.
Applicants (project leader and partners) must be:
- Organisations or associations, working in the culture and creative sectors (excluding audio-visual),
- National Councils dealing with the cultural and creative sectors (excluding audiovisual),
- Public bodies at local, regional or central level involved in the cultural and creative sectors (excluding audio-visual).
Project leader and partners must be established in the:
- EU Member States;
- Western Balkan IPA II Beneficiaries: Republic of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*, Montenegro, Republic of North Macedonia and Republic of Serbia.
The partnership must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- at least 2 organisations (project leader and/or partners) established in at least 2 different Western Balkan IPA II beneficiaries,
- at least 2 organisations of the partnership (project leader and/or partners) established in at least 2 different EU Member States.
Activities must start between 1 January 2021 and 31 March 2021.
The minimum project duration is of 24 months. The maximum project duration is of 48 months.
Applications must be submitted to and received by the Executive Agency (EACEA) using the online application system and form (eForm) no later than 28 April 2020 at 17.00 CET/CEST (Brussels time).
The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of projects is estimated at EUR 5,000,000.
The minimum grant amount per project will be EUR 100,000 and the maximum grant amount will be EUR 500,000. The grant amount requested may represent up to 85% of the total eligible costs of the project.
Project proposals can be submitted no later than 28 April 2020 at 17.00 CET/CEST (Brussels time).
How can Deloitte help you?
We can help you identify development projects which offer incentive measures, including:
- Comprehensive assistance in the process of preparing the necessary documentation and applying for the incentive;
- Active management of the incentive application process;
- Consultation and coordination when concluding contracts for the use of incentive;
- Services in the period of realization of the contract (e.g. payment of aid, compilation of project progress reports, etc.);
- Audit of compliance with obligations under existing aid contracts
If you should like to find out more about our services, please contact our team of experts for incentives and aids of the Tax advisory department:
Tel: +385 1 2351 900