Deloitte Israel’s 2022 Mergers & Acquisitions Report has been saved
Deloitte Israel’s 2022 Mergers & Acquisitions Report
In 2022 the Israeli M&A market has slowed down, resulting in 205 deals with 22 billion dollars in value. This is a sharp decrease in the yearly number of deals (35%) and in deal value (10%).
The main theme in the M&A market was UNCERTAINTY.
These relatively poor market performance could be attributed mainly to macro economic influences such as:
• High interest rates.
• COVID19 positive market influences fading.
• Russia/Ukraine war and its effect on commodity prices.
Main report findings include:
• A 60% decrease in the number of deals when comparing the second half of 2022 to the equivalent time in 2021.
• Although the TMT (Technology, Media, Telecom) sector held the largest number of deals this year (77), in 2021 there were almost twice as many deals.
• Growing interest in traditional economy companies (such as trading and services, industrials etc.)
• Foreign investors have invested in 44% less deals this year, when compared to 2021 (59/105).
• Private Equities are responsible for 20% of the deals.