Realizing the impact of organization design has been saved
Realizing the impact of organization design
Ten questions for business leaders
Our global experience has shown why the success rate of such well-intended projects is still so low:
- Most organization design projects proceed to the design phase with very limited analytical work. The analytics that do take place are often based on incomplete or very high-level data sets.
- Most design projects don't go far enough in addressing real organizational or structural issues.
- In more than 60 percent of cases, these important projects are left up to middle management to design and implement. There's too little sponsorship, oversight, or involvement from senior executives.
- Often, businesses embark on organization design projects in search of benefits they can't achieve through organization design alone—or even at all.
Realizing the impact of organization design: Ten questions for business leaders presents the latest Deloitte thinking on creating the conditions for highly successful organizational design based business transformation through three distinct phases:
- Decide: Is organization design the right solution for the business?
- Design: The right future organization is not based on structures alone.
- Deliver: Realize the planned benefits and value through thorough implementation.