Mergers and Acquisitions - Tax
Devising an M&A strategy is a critical first step for any business contemplating a transaction. A well thought-out plan, strengthened with the knowledge of the competitive marketplace, can prepare companies for a successful deal. Moreover, an effective M&A transaction needs to be executed in a way that drives shareholder value.
- Deal structuring and due diligence
- Sell-side services
- Post transaction services
- Restructuring and bankruptcy services
- Related topics
Deloitte works closely with companies, advising them with tax-driven solutions on M&A transactions or restructuring. We specialise in avoiding unnecessary tax charges by focusing on reducing effective tax rates as far as possible within commercial and structural parameters. Advice on tax-efficient acquisition or divestiture structuring, ensuring timeliness, and transaction cost optimization can produce results within the range of mediocre to successful. Besides, effective tax planning can help avoid complicated legal and regulatory tax issues.
Given below is the list of our M&A - Tax offerings:
- Due diligence
- Structuring transactions including comments on the transaction documents from tax and regulatory perspective
- Business reorganisation (amalgamation, demerger, share purchase, business purchase, joint venture, capital reduction)
- Funds structuring
- Advisory support to private equity on transaction tax and carrying out outbound structuring including transaction advisory
- Entry, repatriation and exit strategy (Inbound transaction structuring)
- Balance sheet re-engineering
- Set-up assistance
- Regulatory assistance including corporate secretarial support, company law and FEMA advisory, and other regulatory support.