The study presented was conducted in several European countries to identify concrete solutions to support students’ choices towards STEM-related educational pathways, with particular attention to promoting equal opportunities and preventing gender gaps.
High level representatives of European Institutions, academia, think tanks and business, took part to the discussion on the cultural and socio-economic barriers that influence and hinder students' choices, as well as the necessity of skills hybridization as an educational tool to face the global, environmental and social challenges of our times.
The speakers who attended the event were:
- Roberta Metsola, President of the European Parliament (video message)
- Pina Picierno, Vice-President of the European Parliament
- Eva Kaili, Vice-President, European Parliament
- Isabel Benjumea, Vice-Chair of the REGI Committee at the European Parliament
- Margaritis Schinas, European Commissioner for Promoting our European Way of Life (video message)
- H. E. Stefano Verrecchia, Italian Deputy Permanent Representative to the European Union
- Dolores Sanchez, Hydrogen Business Developer, Alpiq
- Geert Asselbergs, Programme Director, EU STEM Coalition
- Roberto Zangrandi, Vice-Chairman of the Italian Initiative Group
- Fabio Pompei, CEO, Deloitte Central Mediterranean
- Gianmario Crescentino, Chairman, Deloitte Central Mediterranean
- Guido Borsani, President, Fondazione Deloitte
The event was moderated by Marilu’ Lucrezio, Correspondent from Brussels for RAI - Italian Radio Television.
For further information: firstname.lastname@example.org