Financial Times & Deloitte Digital Health Summit USA
Key figures from throughout the healthcare, technology and investment arena will come together to set the agenda for overcoming the barriers towards a sustainable digital transition of U.S. healthcare.
October 28, 2015 | Westin Times Square | New York
Digital health is now seeing a rapidly growing array of innovative technologies and applications which are starting to grab consumer attention, especially as the larger, more established corporations move into this space. These advancements are showing that the industry will inevitably give rise to greater investment and business opportunities.
However, the map showing the path to healthcare’s effective digital transformation is not entirely clear and small tech companies and venture capitalists still dominate the market. Commercial business models, reimbursement methods and market-wide consumer acceptance still need to be identified and proven and as with other industries before digital health, regulation will undoubtedly play a key role in allowing this to happen.
- At 2 pm, join the Regulation Panel on the role IT will play in US Healthcare Reforms. Moderated by Tim Bradshaw, Financial Times, including Jennifer Malatesta, principal, Deloitte, on the panel
- At 3:10 pm, join the Innovation Panel that will identify technological success stories and implementation strategies. Moderated by Harry Greenspun, M.D., director, Deloitte Center for Health Solutions
What you might be caught discussing at FT Digital…
Where will continued drive in digital come from? Consumers or industry?
How long will the face-to-face doctor-patient relationship last?
Which stakeholder sector are investors eyeing up and why?
What are payers looking for in their decision making in regards to reimbursement of digital services?
Can we avoid regulation stumbling in the way of digital health innovation?
What new digital technologies are under development?
- Daniel Kraft, Medicine and Neuroscience Chair, Singularity University
- Laurie Olson, Executive Vice President - Strategy, Portfolio and Commercial Operations, Pfizer
- Young Sohn, President and Chief Strategy Officer, Samsung Electronics
- Michael Rosenblatt, Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Merck
- Babak Parviz, Vice President, Amazon
- Andrew Racine, SVP & Chief Medical Officer, Montefiore Medical Center & Executive Director, Montefiore Medical Group
- Ryan Olohan, National Industry Director, Healthcare, Google
- Harry Leider, Chief Medical Officer and Group Vice President, Walgreens
- Bakul Patel, Associate Director for Digital Health, US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Andrew Thompson, CEO, Proteus Digital Health
- Halle Tecco, Founder and Managing Director, Rock Health
- Jody Holtzman, Senior Vice President, Thought Leadership, AARP
- Jonathan Linkous, CEO, American Telemedicine Association
- Lucian Iancovici, Investment Manager - Qualcomm Life Fund, Qualcomm Ventures
- Alexandra Pelletier, Director of Digital Innovation, Boston Children's Hospital
- Nancy Green, Global Lead, Healthcare, Verizon
- Jon Zimmerman, Global Chief Technology Officer and General Manager for Clinical Business Solutions, GE Healthcare
- Michael Laskoff, CEO, Abilto
Who you might see while attending FT Digital
- Health care consumer engagement: No “one-size-fits-all” approach
- Mobilizing MedTech for mHealth
- The convergence of health care trends: Innovation strategies for emerging opportunities
- Alert: Change is in the air (Future of Health Care Video)
- BLOG: How digital health apps can become a change agent for health care
- Future health: Transformation through Innovation (E-BOOK)
- Deloitte Digital’s life science accelerator, Patient Connect