Tourism and Hotel Market Outlook
Released twice a year, against the backdrop of Deloitte Access Economics’ latest economic forecasts, Deloitte’s Tourism and Hotel Market Outlook provides projections for domestic and international tourism over the next three years.
Deloitte’s Tourism and Hotel Market Outlook provides insights and analysis of the trends and issues confronting the Australian tourism and hotel sectors. It includes an overview of global and domestic economic developments bearing on the tourism and hotel markets and examines recent trends in international and domestic travel. Three year forecasts for international and domestic visitation and hotel market performance are accompanied by commentary on the underlying drivers and emerging trends.
August 2016 Edition
- Tourism grew three times faster than the Australian economy over the year to June
- Growth rates on the both international and domestic visitor front are in record territory
- While the global economic foundations have weakened, the tourism outlook has strengthened and forecasts have been upgraded
- Nationally, the hotel development register has strengthened further – however, not enough to offset a buoyant demand outlook
- Individual hotel market performance outlooks reflect cities’ exposure to the growth segments and the highly variable local supply pipeline.
A detailed examination of recent performance in the hotel accommodation industry is provided, together with 3-year forecasts for growth in supply, occupancy, room rate and revenue per available room (RevPAR).