Capital markets services
Managing risk across your organization
The need to effectively manage risk has never been more important for companies. With the new challenges introduced by international standards, such as Basel II, Deloitte can provide effective solutions to improving the reliability of risk management systems and processes. Our professionals can help develop and implement enterprise wide, qualitative and quantitative approaches to managing credit, market and operational risks.
- Review and assessment of the organization’s risk management systems as a whole and their individual elements, including conduction of gap analysis against leading practices in risk management
- Technical design of specific philosophies, structure, methods and processes of risk management. Services offered along this area include:
- Assistance in developing and implementing organizational risk management structure, taking into account international corporate governance standards
- Implementation of risk management methodologies and systems of ongoing assessments and monitoring of credit, market and operational risks
- Risk management related business process strategy and redesign
- Identification and assessment of risk exposures, including opinion on the quality of credit rating and valuation systems
- Treasury risk management and assessments regarding the efficiency of Treasury function
Although CIS countries have not officially adopted the Basel II regulatory requirements, it is clear that the banking authorities in Kazakhstan and other CIS countries will adhere to international trends and adopt at least some the new capital accord’s regulatory standards. Services offered along this area include:
- Readiness assessment to assist companies in complying with Basel II principles
- Design and development of implementation roadmaps and project management
- Assessment of potential impact of Basel II implementation on the clients’ regulatory capital requirements and associated costs
- Implementation of Basel II applicable requirements with regard to managing credit, market and operational risks.