IFRS training library
Preparing you for IFRS
Deloitte Luxembourg offers a range of live and online training solutions for IFRS subjects.
International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) are a set of globally accepted accounting standards that have gained acceptance worldwide and in Luxembourg since 2010. These standards are used in over 100 countries. The IFRS are designed to provide consistent financial reporting internationally.
In response to the growing need for current information of IFRS requirements and the increasing demand for insights regarding IFRS implementation, Deloitte Luxembourg offers you the possibility of a IFRS training on the basics that are common to all entities.
This two-day training course includes a general presentation of each standard listed in the content below, and several examples:
- Context of IFRS and overview of the IASB
- IAS 1 Presentation of Financial Statements
- IAS 7 Statement of Cash Flows
- IAS 8 Accounting Policies, Changes in Accounting Estimates and Errors
- IAS 16 Property, Plant and Equipment
- IAS 38 Intangible Assets
- IAS 36 Impairment of Assets
- IAS 17 Leases
- IAS 18 Revenue
- IAS 24 Related Party Disclosures
- IAS 32 Financial Instruments: Presentation
- IAS 39 Financial Instruments: Recognition and Measurement
- IAS 37 Provisions, Contingent Liabilities and Contingent Assets
- IAS 12 Income Taxes
During the course, participants will have the opportunity to put into practice the basics of these standards seen through a wide range of practice cases.
Who is this course for?
CFO’s, finance directors, accounting (policy) managers, group controllers, division controllers and other persons working in financial management and treasury functions.
Our trainings can be developed according to your needs. Members of our IFRS technical team, and in particular the team involved in the impact analysis, are at your disposal to provide trainings on specific topics that may be of interest to your staff in accounting, finance or other areas.
Lunch & Learn
Faced with a growing need for current information of IFRS developments and the increasing demand for insights regarding IFRS implementation, Deloitte Luxembourg organizes free learning sessions during lunch time on a regularly basis, and offers you the possibility to get updates on the current IFRS developments.
If you want to be about upcoming course details on the next IFRS Update session, please confirm your interest by mail to LU IFRS Desk.
Prudential financial reporting for banks in Luxembourg (FinREP)
FinREP is designed for application by credit institutions when preparing their supervisory financial returns under IFRS as and when required by their national supervisory authority. Since January 1st, 2008, the new accounting reporting framework has been adopted by all credit institutions governed by Luxembourg law and by all branches located in Luxembourg.
In order to address IFRS issues for banks in the context of FinREP reporting, we offer a 2-day course. This course address:
- A general understanding of the financial prudential reporting environment applicable to credit institutions in Luxembourg
- A description of the structure and characteristics of FinREP
- An explanation of the most important aspects and issues regarding FinREP design principles and architecture
- The specific IFRS issues relating to the banking sector
- A range of practice cases and illustrative examples
During this course, participants will be able to put their knowledge into practice when working with the FinREP reporting. If you want to receive upcoming course details on the next FinREP session, please confirm your interest by mail to LU IFRS Desk.
E-learning modules on IFRS
Deloitte has developed high quality e-learning modules on IFRS, which are available to download free.
The modules may be used and distributed freely by those registering with the IFRS online training site, without alteration from the original form and subject to the terms of the Deloitte copyright over the material.