Liquidation Services has been saved
The voluntary liquidation is a business decision. This phase is very often a challenge for management who is typically operating vehicles as a going concern. During this phase specific legal, operational and financial aspects have to be considered, as well as their timing.
After the decision of the liquidation, you may have different concerns on the process:
- Day to Day management of the liquidation;
- Update in regulation and legislation;
- Wind-down of the management company;
- Realization of the assets
- Follow up and cleaning of the crystalized matters (claim, litigation…)
Your benefit with Deloitte:
Smooth and efficient liquidation process
- Dedicated and permanently staffed liquidations desk
- Highly experienced professionals
- Achieve rapid pay-outs to investors
Realization of assets
- Benefit from our established network and experience in selling illiquid assets (real estate, farming industries, delisted securities, hedge funds, renewable energies, etc)
- Identify and potentially recover tax claims following a cost benefit-analysis
- Recover overpaid fees
- Aim to maximize return on divested assets
Legal and reporting obligations
- Fulfil all CSSF requirements with the objective to meet the regulatory closing deadline of nine months
- Semi-annual reporting by the regulator on the status of the liquidation (obligatory)
- Ensure that all statutory and regulatory termination requirements are met
- Manage the auditor requests
- Inform shareholders of significant events on an ad hoc basis
Minimize risk factors
- Minimize the likelihood of future claims against the entity
- Organize tax filings (e.g. FATCA; CRS)
- Possibility of currency hedging to minimize market risk
Manage liquidation costs throughout the liquidation process
- Renegotiate terms and conditions of binding contracts with service provider for the liquidation period
- Identify and terminate agreements not needed for the purpose of the liquidation
- Saving management time by taking responsibility for the entity’s affairs
Our dedicated service will significantly reduce your valuable time and costs, while minimizing your risk exposure. Our permanently staffed desk is looking forward to tailor your liquidation plan. Do not hesitate and get in touch with our team.
We have a team of highly experienced practitioners who regularly work on various types of liquidation such as:
- Voluntary liquidation of regulated entities (e.g. investments funds and financial institutions)
- Assistance with the voluntary liquidation of unregulated entities
- Judiciary liquidation (insolvency)
Liquidation of regulated entities
Funds, insurance companies, etc.
Regulated entities may be placed into solvent liquidation or investment funds may fail to attain critical size.
Solvent liquidation of unregulated entities
If shareholders or a holding company no longer require a structure, they will often place it into solvent liquidation.
Judiciary liquidation (insolvency)
It is not always possible to preserve a struggling business as a going concern. Liquidation provides a mechanism for the formal winding up of a company in a controlled manner by a liquidator appointed by the Court.
As part of the lifecycle of a Company, the voluntary liquidation is a common business decision. As per the Law, a liquidator must be appointed to perform the liquidation steps.