Technology Audit & Assurance
Ctrl. Business Dist.
Sandro graduated in Computer Science and is a Certified Information Systems Auditor since 2007. He has over 20 years’ of practical experience in IT Audit, Information Security, IT Controls and Revenue Assurance. In this period, he formed and led the IT Audit function of a Maltese listed company.
He joined Deloitte Malta in 2016 to lead and manage the IT Audit & Assurance engagements for the International, National and Financial Services clients. Sandro is currently also responsible for the business assurance service offerings and a regular contributor in the Deloitte Global Audit & Assurance Blockchain Community and Audit & Assurance Innovation Network. He has published different papers tackling IT Controls and audit and assurance aspects of the Distributed Ledger Technology.
- IT Control Assurance – practical experience in supporting the Statutory Audit of entities across different industries including remote gaming, financial services, telecommunications, aviation, hospitality and retail.
- Business Assurance – ISAE 3000 & 3402 Type I & II assessments, Systems/Compliance audits for remote gaming clients in accordance with the Malta Gaming Authority regulations, Malta VAT system audits.
- Blockchain Audit & Assurance – Design of procedures related to the MDIA Systems Audit, Smart Contract Reviews, Transaction Monitoring, Proof of Wealth and Proof of Ownership.
- Internal Audit & IT Internal Audit – practical experience in analysing IT aspects in different business units including HR, Finance, Admin, Marketing, Technical and IT.
- Revenue Assurance, Fraud Control & Prevention – Management, design and implementation of telecom fraud rules and revenue assurance processes for the telecom and remote gaming architectures.
- Post implementation & Migration reviews – Systems/Platforms reviewed include Sage, Navision, Telecom Billing Systems, SharePoint, Intelligent Networks (Nortel and ALU), MSC, GGSN/SGSN, SEPA and Payment Gateways/PCI.
- Design & Implementation of Computer Assisted Auditing Techniques CAAT – Resource Budgeting, Shareholder Voting, Player Wallets Reconciliation and Payment Gateway Reconciliations.