Impact on valuation assessment and deal structuring in responding to COVID-19
LIVE Webcast online
The COVID-19 pandemic is expected to lead to severe economic consequences on a global scale. Adverse financial impact arising from the pandemic may persist for a period of time and is likely to drive a change in the way organisations carry their business or make deals. Businesses should consider the impact on investments recorded in their financial statements, values of their properties or future transactions, and how such transactions should be structured.
Businesses that are adversely impacted by the pandemic may be wondering:
- How can they properly assess the value of the business and properties for impairment assessment as part of the company’s financial reporting obligations?
- Is there a long-term impact on the value of Malaysian properties?
- How can companies actively preserve the value of their properties or projects?
- What could be the future trend in the property market?
Businesses keen on going ahead with M&A activities may take on a more informed approach. They may also find that they have to prioritise a different set of risks in executing M&A deals.
- What are the important valuation considerations to account for in pricing their business?
- How should they structure deals to address material risks from a legal perspective?
- What are the other curative actions that can be taken in connection with M&A transactions?
These are some of the areas we addressed at our webcast.
Thank you for joining us! We hope you found it useful. If you require more information, please reach out to your usual Deloitte Partner or any of our speakers listed below.
Executive Director, Financial Advisory
email@example.com | +60 12 213 7038 or +65 8869 7389