Khoo Siew Kiat
Restructuring Services Leader, Malaysia
Level 16, Menara LGB
1, Jalan Wan Kadir
Taman Tun Dr. Ismail
Siew Kiat has over 25 years of professional experience in recovery and insolvency. His primary focus areas are in liquidation, receiverships, special administration, and monitoring accountants. He brings with him in recovery experience in distress entities in assortment of industries, ranging from manufacturing, property development, public transport, marine vessels, timber, time sharing, number forecast totalisator company, hotels, retail and leisure and service industry.
Siew Kiat has also undertaken engagements such as business reviews, fraud investigation and dispute resolution work.
Siew Kiat is a Fellow Member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, UK (CIMA), Chartered Accountant of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA) and member of Insolvency Practitioners Association Malaysia.
Siew Kiat’s relevant experiences are as below :-
- Led receivership / liquidation / special administrator assignments over various industries such as marine vessel, property development, time sharing, hotels, manufacturing, lead smelter, rolling steel mill, infrastructure projects, car parks, and shopping malls.
- Successfully completed various complex assignments such as disposal of shares in companies involved in number forecast totalisator, sterilization of medical equipment / goods, electronics and timber concession in Malaysia and Singapore.
- Led monitoring accountant assignments over property development and construction companies, resorts / golf course, independent power producer and cement manufacturer.
- Led independent business review over owner of offshore support vessels company, manufacturing, and abandoned projects.
- Led a receivership of an urban rail transportation system. Successfully operated the rail system and dispose the assets within 11 months.
- Led rehabilitation of abandoned housing projects. Dealt with various stakeholders. Successfully completed various abandoned housing projects via rehabilitation and white knight disposal/rescue.
- Led a court liquidation of an estate. The contributories have been engaged in litigation for over 30 years. Managed to dispose and distribute more than RM100 million of assets.