Audit Committee Brief
A periodic publication that provides audit committee members with recommendations, overviews of corporate governance resources, regulatory and legislative environment outlooks, and technical updates.
April 2020 – Special edition
Accounting and financial reporting considerations for audit committees regarding COVID-19
The impact of COVID-19 can be profound as companies face a variety of risks while navigating through shifting priorities and business activities. During these unprecedented times, it’s imperative that audit committees work closely with management to understand these risks and to oversee the impact they may have on financial statements and related reporting.
This special edition Audit Committee Brief focuses on the accounting and financial reporting implications that may result from the pandemic and includes audit committee considerations, as well as questions they can ask management, in the following areas:
- SEC relief
- Financial reporting and disclosure consideration
- Accounting implications
- Internal control over financial reporting
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) developments, impact, and updates
- On the board’s agenda | The atmosphere for climate-change disclosure
- Restatements are declining while audit quality is improving
- Investor perspectives and decisions are evolving
- Regulators and Big Four accounting firms discuss audit quality in emerging markets and coronavirus
- SEC proposes amendments to the exempt offering framework