Deloitte named a global leader in Worldwide Business Consulting by IDC MarketScape
NEW YORK, NY, USA, 26 July 2017 — Deloitte announced today that International Data Corporation (IDC) has named it a global leader in Worldwide Business Consulting in the IDC MarketScape reports for Business Consulting 2017 Vendor Analysis – Worldwide¹, Americas², EMEA³ and Asia Pacific⁴. The IDC MarketScape reports recognize Deloitte as a leader based on capabilities and strategies.
“Deloitte is seen by consulting clients as the strongest firm worldwide at helping them to manage risk, reduce costs, transform significant processes, and develop their digital capabilities,” noted Cushing Anderson, program vice president, Business Consulting Services Research at IDC.
The IDC MarketScape is “a quantitative and qualitative assessment of the characteristics that explain a vendor's success in the marketplace and help anticipate the vendor's ascendancy.” The report assesses the capability and business strategy of the leading business consulting organizations.
The report also notes, “In this research and others, we find that some vendors are better able to produce meaningful results than others."
“We are honored to be recognized in the IDC MarketScape as it further exemplifies how, as a global organization, Deloitte delivers significant impact to clients. Our depth of industry knowledge combined with breadth of capability, from sound strategy to technology-enabled implementation, sets us apart as a leader,” said Jim Moffatt, managing principal, Deloitte Global Consulting. “Furthermore, Deloitte’s commitment to digital transformation and ability to deliver innovative solutions, through our own capabilities and those of our unrivalled alliance ecosystem, will continue to be key components of our success.”
- “Deloitte's extensive industry expertise was ‘very effective in delivering value to our organization,’ said a resource industries client in the Americas, while a discreet manufacturing client in EMEA describes Deloitte as "the strongest retail consultancy in the United Kingdom, plus it has a huge digital capability and, most of all, quality people.”
- “In the Americas, Deloitte is considered one of the strongest firms at maximizing the value of a consulting project, providing functional or technical insights, and offering the necessary spectrum of business consulting services.”
- “A healthcare client in the Americas singled out Deloitte's ‘ability to meet milestones and deliver results at each promised phase,’ while a commenter from discrete manufacturing notes that Deloitte teams are "very specific in their analysis and recommendations.”
- “In EMEA, clients view Deloitte as being the most capable of all firms at delivering value-creating innovation."
- 'Deloitte's process is very thorough, so we receive a high quality of work every time,’ said a transportation client in EMEA, and a healthcare client described Deloitte as "very professional in their approach.”
- “Among clients in the Asia/Pacific region, Deloitte is seen as the most capable firm at integrating its consultant teams with a client's project teams and at meeting project timelines.”
- “’Deloitte has a strong understanding of our industry and are always valuable,’ says a retail/wholesale client in Asia/Pacific, and its teams "are hardworking people who keep innovating," according to a utilities sector client.”
As used in this press release, “Deloitte” refers only to the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited member firms.
¹IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Business Consulting Services 2017 Vendor Assessment Mar 2017. Doc# US41569617
²IDC MarketScape: Asia/Pacific Business Consulting Services 2017 Vendor Assessment Mar 2017. Doc# US42327717
³ IDC MarketScape: Americas Business Consulting Services 2017 Vendor Assessment Mar 2017. Doc# US41569317
⁴IDC MarketScape: EMEA Business Consulting Services 2017 Vendor Assessment Mar 2017. Doc # US41569517
About IDC MarketScape: IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
Deloitte provides audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. Deloitte serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies through a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries bringing world-class capabilities, insights, and high-quality service to address clients’ most complex business challenges. To learn more about how Deloitte’s approximately 245,000 professionals make an impact that matters, please connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter.