Building back better – how responsible investing becomes a new standard in Europe
1 December 2020, 15:00 - 16:00 EET
The COVID-19 pandemic, greater importance of social and environmental issues, and the pressure of financial markets and regulators makes the importance of non-financial factors (ESG - Environmental, Social, Governance) in making investment decisions bigger than ever.
Overcoming the crisis caused by the coronavirus is an opportunity to rebuild companies with a new reflection - build back better - by incorporating the principles of sustainable development and responsible management practices into business models and strategies. Increasingly, ESG factors are taken into account by investors not only because of regulations that force issuers and asset managers to take specific action, but also because of the growing awareness of the benefits it brings.
We invite you to the next webinar in the series "Changing climate in business", this time devoted to the role of ESG factors in the light of the regulation on establishing a framework facilitating sustainable investments (taxonomy) published in June 2020 and the regulation on disclosure of information related to sustainable development in the financial services sector, which is expected to enter into force on March 10, 2021 (SFDR).
The guests of the webinar will be Yulia Sofronova, Head of Nordic, CEE and CIS at the PRI Association, the most important global organization promoting responsible investment standards and Piotr Her, Board Member & CFO of SuperDrob, one of the biggest poultry producers and exporters in our region.
During the webinar we will discuss:
- the requirements of the EU taxonomy and the SFDR that address the issues of sustainable economic development
- practical aspects of the taxonomy and its application by the capital market
- practical approach of investors to integrate ESG aspects as well as taxonomy into their business activities
- current and future requirements of investors for enterprises seeking financing
Who should attend the webinar?
- financial directors, people responsible for obtaining financing for investment projects
- representatives of banks, asset management institutions, investment funds, and insurance companies
- those wishing to better understand the business implications of the EU taxonomy