Global powers of retailing 2018
Transformative change, reinvigorated commerce
We are delighted to announce the launch of our 2018 edition of Global Powers of Retailing report. With an exciting theme of “Transformative change, reinvigorated commerce”, this year’s report looks at the latest retail trends and the future of retailing through the lens of young consumers.
We identify the 250 largest retailers around the world based on publicly available data for FY2016 (fiscal years ended through June 2017), and evaluate their performance across geographies and product sectors. As we mark our 21st edition, we also provide a retrospective view of how the Top 250 has changed over the last 15 years.
The rules of retailing are being rewritten in this time of transformative change. Innovation, collaboration, consolidation, integration, and automation will likely be required to reinvigorate commerce, profoundly impacting the way retailers do business now, and in the future. How can retailers reinvigorate commerce to enhance their business performance?
Key questions this report addresses:
- How can adding top-notch digital capabilities help retailers provide a seamless shopping experience?
- How can strategic alliances help retailers attain ecommerce capabilities to create more customer touch points and resolve the last-mile conundrum?
- What strategies can physical retail stores adopt to create unique and compelling in-store experience?
- How can emerging technologies like IoT, virtual reality, and artificial intelligence help online retailers improve customer relationships?
- What implications will the current state of global economy have on the retail landscape?