2019 Insurance Industry Outlook
Growing economy bolsters insurers, but longer-term trends may require transformation
With 2019 poised to be a banner year for insurers, longer term challenges like the potential for economic slowdown and ongoing disputes over tariffs and trade rules may cast a shadow on the insurance market.
Deloitte's 2019 Insurance Outlook takes a closer look at how these trends are changing the landscape, and what this means for insurers.
In this report, we explore:
- Technology—Cloud set to become the default option for tech deployment. How might carriers, under pressure to deliver digital capabilities, develop applications on the cloud for more effective and efficient data-processing power and insight?
- Talent—Emerging technologies, open talent economy transforming workforce. How can insurers adapt their talent strategies amid the rise of the gig economy, virtual workforce, and accelerating automation?
- Product development—IoT, InsurTech can help launch a new generation of flexible policies. How might insurers evolve policies and lines of business to keep pace with emerging consumer demands in a changing economy and society?
- Regulatory—Cyber risk regulations expanding globally. How can insurers respond effectively to the expansion of regulatory oversight and compliance expectations involving cyber risk management?
- Data privacy—New privacy rules put insurers in the hot seat. Who owns insurer data, and what must carriers do to safeguard it given new global and domestic regulations and expansion of data access via IoT?