Perturbare și dezinteres has been added to your bookmarks.
Disruption and disinterest
Two existential threats to the life and annuity industry
The life and annuity insurance market is experiencing a slowdown. The shifting product landscape, historically low returns on investment, legacy technology, and stringent regulations are increasing buyer reluctance in many markets. Additionally, the high-value, low-friction experience offered by Insurtechs appeals to today’s digital customer, and traditional players are looking at ways to keep up.
So, what can revive the insurance carrier’s business?
Five key attributes that can help insurers thrive:
- True customer centricity: an actionable customer segmentation strategy to deliver a unique value proposition across all stages of the customer lifecycle.
- Product agility: building a modular product design in collaboration with partners in the insurance and technology ecosystem to support episodic and multi-product offerings.
- Real-time delivery through a personal mobile device: providing readily discoverable value-added services that are available on the customers mobile device.
- Value-driven ecosystem partnerships: collaborations with a network of independent providers who move beyond a product, and deliver value to the digitally-enabled customer.
- Relentless and continuous operational efficiency: automation that leverages emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence and blockchain to eliminate value-depleting processes and improve customer experience.
Insurers must shift from isolated investments in product innovations to creating segment-driven value propositions to beat competition—or convince non-consumers to engage, as well as self-disrupt, adopt agile models, and pursue new opportunities across the value chain.