2018 Global life sciences outlook
Innovating life sciences in the fourth industrial revolution: Embrace, build, grow
With the arrival of the fourth industrial revolution, the life sciences sector is also taking on the transformative journey that emerging technologies offer. Companies are also preparing themselves for the future by leveraging these technologies to build patient centricity, a cross-functional regulatory approach, data integrity, and the workforce of the future. Strategic alliances and new operating models are also contributing to growth in the sector. However, there exist a few uncertainties arising from pricing pressures, value-based contracting, geopolitical climate, and policy changes but companies are taking measures to withstand these challenges.
2018 Global life sciences outlook explores the major trends that are expected to impact life sciences companies in 2018 as they aim at improving their ecosystem. It also reviews the current state of the global life sciences economy and outlines suggested strategies that will help life sciences companies thrive in the coming year.
Key issues that the report addresses:
- How can emerging technologies help life sciences companies build Real-World Evidence (RWE) and achieve speed, scale and flexibility?
- What strategies can help life sciences companies offset current pricing pressures?
- What are the technologies which could help pharma companies improve patient centricity?
- What are the trends that would help stakeholders reshape the future of work in the life sciences sector?
- What measures can help life sciences companies improve governance, and regulatory monitoring?
- How can life sciences stakeholders evaluate and manage the fluctuating regulatory timelines?
- What steps should life sciences companies take in order to break down silos and increase data integrity which, in turn, can drive value-based pricing?
- How can life sciences companies strategize alliances to meet their goal of building a patient centric business model?