Real Estate Predictions 2018
Building the Future
The real estate market is undergoing many fundamental shifts that will likely shape the future of the industry. With these changes going on, we certainly need to enhance our understanding of the opportunities that lie ahead of us.
Read in our latest report what are the trends that could impact your business, including blockchain, co-working, robotics, and more.
Deloitte’s predictions for the Real Estate industry:
- Wellness, work and real estate. A rise in the recognition and understanding of the relationship between the wellbeing of the workforce and productivity is leading businesses and developers to explore ways in which the physical building can promote wellness. Factors that can improve wellness range from natural light, air quality, noise, and office design.
- The rise of co-working space and the need for smart buildings. Co-working spaces continue to gain popularity and the Internet of Things is critical to competitive advantage in this field. Therefore cyber risk and privacy protection must be on top of mind of the real estate investor.
- Real Estate decision makers of the future. A corporates’ organization design has been evolving with the faster pace of technology, a greater level of workforce agility, and the changing nature of job roles, all of which are impacting the way in which we interact with the physical workplace.
- Fintechs: Complementing the real estate ecosystem. Fintechs have made rapid inroads into the real estate industry. The general notion is often that startups are a threat to incumbent real estate companies as they are offering innovative solutions and enhanced user experiences at a relatively lower cost and faster pace.
- Robotic and cognitive automation. Robotic and cognitive automation is transforming the real estate industry.
- Why public sector real property leaders should welcome disruption and transform their operating and service delivery models. Public sector real property organizations have an opportunity to fully embrace digital disruption, transform their property operations and portfolios, and benefit from lessons learned in the private sector.
- The future of commercial real estate. Social, economic, ecological, political, and technological disruptions will change the way we work, live and shop.
- Blockchain. Blockchain technology has been adopted in the real estate industry over the past few years, however, the pace in which the adoption is taking place is rapidly increasing and traditional roles are being fragmented.