EBA’s To Do list for 2019
EBA recently published its annual work programme for the upcoming year, focusing on the main activities and tasks to be conducted. It also highlights its key strategic areas of work for 2019-2021 in alignment with the banking sector legislation, in its mission to further enhance harmonization throughout the EU.
For 2019, EBA’s work is clustered into five strategic areas and 37 activities. The strategic areas are the following:
- i. Lead the Basel III implementation in the EU;
- ii. Understand risks and opportunities arising from financial innovation;
- iii. Collect, disseminate and analyse banking data;
- iv. Ensure a smooth relocation of the EBA to Paris;
- v. Foster the increase of the loss-absorbing capacity of the EU banking system.