Roundtable: Internal Governance new guidelines
Deloitte Romania is delighted to invite you to Banking Risk and Regulatory Roundtable, organised on March 29th at 9.30am at Deloitte premises, 4-8 Nicolae Titulescu Road, East Entrance, 2nd Floor, District 1, Bucharest.
In September 2017, EBA has published its revised Guidelines on Internal Governance. These Guidelines aim at further harmonising institutions' internal governance arrangements, processes and mechanisms across the EU, in line with the new requirements in this area introduced by the Capital Requirements Directive (CRD IV). The guidelines should be read in conjunction with the:
- guidelines on sound remuneration policies (EBA/GL/2015/22) and
- EBA and ESMA joint guidelines on the assessment of the suitability of members of the management body and key function holders (Directives 2013/36/EU and 2014/65/EU).
The guidelines foster more diverse management bodies and, therefore, contribute to improved risk oversight and resilience of institutions and improve suitability assessments within the EU financial sectors.
The EBA Guidelines will apply as of 30 June 2018 to competent authorities across the EU, as well as to institutions on an individual and consolidated basis. The previous EBA Guidelines on internal governance (GL44) will be repealed on the same date.
- Key areas addressed by the new guidelines
- Principle of proportionality
- Role and composition of the management body and committees
- Governance framework
- Formalisation of organisational structure
- Risk culture and business conduct
- Individual and collective suitability of board (EBA and ESMA)
- Remuneration Policy
- Business continuity management
- Transparency and publication requirements
Dimitrios Goranitis – Partner – Financial Services Risk and Regulatory Leader, Deloitte Central Europe
Irina Arsinte – Manager – Financial Services Industry Risk and Regulatory, Deloitte Romania
Andrada Tanase – Manager – Financial Services Industry Risk and Regulatory, Deloitte Romania
Who should participate to this event?
The roundtable will be of particular interest to Chief Executive Officers, Chief Financial Officers, Chief Risk Officers and internal audit, compliance, human resources and risk management specialists as well as to Supervision and Financial Stability experts within the National Bank.
Participation to this event is free of charge and access is granted by invitation and registration only. Discussions will be held in English.
Please register at this event until March 26th, 2018 by responding with RSVP to email@example.com.