Year-end VAT checklist. VAT reform.
Seminar with practical examples & recommendations & presentation of the future VAT system
Year-end closing comes with tax challenges for every business. Generally, companies focus on compliance obligations, however we also recommend specific checks, which could trigger new compliance obligations as well as VAT recovery opportunities.
We will approach the VAT obligations, opportunities and risks considering the closing of the calendar year such as: VAT adjustment liabilities, the possibility to recover VAT for bad debts, impact of the inventory procedure on VAT, and recommendations on other checks and recurrent diligences from a VAT perspective.
In addition, we will discuss about the VAT reform, explaining the envisaged changes for the EU VAT system.
We are looking forward to receiving your questions at the following e-mail address: email@example.com, as well as during the workshop.
08:30 – 09:00 Participants registration
09:00 – 10:30 Year-end checklist (PART I)
- Additional input VAT deductions on acquisitions from suppliers declared inactive or having their VAT ID number cancelled;
- Statute of limitation and VAT recovery/adjustment;
- VAT bad debt relief adjustments;
10:30 – 10:45 Coffee break
10:45 - 12:00 Year-end checklist (PART II)
- VAT deduction right and the annual adjustment for capital goods;
- Year-end inventory procedure – check the VAT adjustment/self-collection obligation;
- VAT adjustments arising from technological losses and own consumption.
- Pro-rata computation for 2018;
- Check the threshold for:
- Shifting to quarterly /monthly VAT taxpayer;
- Applying the optional VAT cash accounting system;
- Applying the special VAT exemption regime for small companies.
12:00 – 13:00 Lunch break
13:00 – 15:00 Recommendations / recurrent diligences from a VAT perspective
- Diligent checks in respect of the business partners;
- Diligent checks in respect of the documents supporting the VAT treatment applicable to the performed transactions;
- Checking the compliance with the arm’s length principle in case of transactions between affiliated parties not having full VAT deduction right;
- VAT obligations for continuous supplies of goods/services which took place during a period of time;
- Non-transfer of goods in another member state
- Rules applicable to protocol and/or sponsorship activities
15:00 – 15:15 Coffee break
15:15 – 16:00 VAT reform
- Quick fixes to specific issues regarding the trade between member states;
- Definitive VAT system. The concept of certified taxable person. Intra-Union supplies
16:00 Event closing
*The official language of the event is Romanian.
150 € – per participant
Snacks and lunch are included during the event. The participation fee does not include VAT.
The invoice for the participation fee will be issued and provided after the event.
Alexandru Aparaschivei - Director within the Tax Department, Deloitte Romania
Alex is a Director at Deloitte Romania, with over 10 years of experience in tax advisory.
His experience covers all taxes and industries. He is involved in various tax projects, e.g. tax consultancy, compliance, M&A (tax due diligence, structuring, SPA assistance), tax audit and disputes.
In the recent years, Alex focused on VAT, energy & resources and financial services industries, serving several clients in power & utilities, mainly in distribution-supply/trading and service/equipment providers and financial services players.
He facilitated numerous tax trainings and conferences, being also member of various technical groups working with the Romanian authorities on development of tax laws.
Ana Săbiescu – Manager within the Tax Department, Deloitte Romania
Ana is a Manager within the Tax Department of Deloitte Romania, specialized in VAT. She has an experience of more than six years on VAT advisory projects, tax reviews, tax optimization projects, restructuring projects, tax litigations, as well as tax representation in front of the tax authorities.
She has exposure to several industries, but focused on on energy & resources.
Ana is Certified tax consultant, member of the Romanian Chamber of Tax Consultants.
She graduated a master class in Tax Law at the Law Faculty from Bucharest University. Ana has also graduated the Finance, Insurance, Banking and Stock Exchanges faculty and the master class in Management of Banking Systems from the Academy of Economic Studies from Bucharest.
Iulia Bica – Senior Consultant within the Tax Department, Deloitte Romania
Iulia is Senior Consultant within the Tax Department of Deloitte Romania, specialized in VAT. She has an experience of more than four years on VAT advisory projects, tax reviews, tax litigations, as well as tax representation in front of the tax authorities.
At the moment, she is focused on real estate and energy & resources industries.
She graduated a master class in Business Administration at the Academy of Economic Studies from Bucharest.
The events will be held on November 21, 2018 at the Hotel Intercontinental - Hora Room, (4 Nicolae Bălcescu Bd) Bucharest.
Mobil: +40 730 255 561
You can cancel your registration for this event, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5 days before the date of the event. We reserve the right to cancel the event if the minimum number of confirmations is not met. In this case, you will be informed in due time.