New VAT rules from 2020: Quick fixes. Year-end VAT checklist.
Seminar with practical examples and recommendations & presentation of the new VAT rules applicabile from 2020.
Starting January 1, 2020, the VAT rules for the intra-Community supplies of goods will be amended in all the European Union Member States. They are called "quick fixes" and aim at simplifying and harmonizing rules at the EU level. The changes can have a significant impact on companies in terms of VAT registration and reporting obligations.
Additionally, at the end of 2019, we recommend analyzing the VAT obligations, opportunities and risks in the context of the closing of the calendar year, such as: VAT adjustment obligations, the possibility to recover the VAT related to receivables, the impact of the inventory on VAT, but also recommendations regarding other checks/recurrent diligences from the VAT perspective.
We are looking forward to receiving your questions at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
08:30 – 09:00 Registration and welcome coffee
09:00 – 10:30 New VAT rules from 2020: Quick fixes for intra-Community supplies of goods
- Stocks available to the client;
- Chain transactions.
10:30 – 10:45 Coffee break
10:45 - 12:00 New VAT rules from 2020: Quick fixes for intra-Community supplies of goods
- VAT exemption for intra-Community supplies of goods;
- Supporting documents for intra-Community supplies.
12:00 – 13:00 Lunch break
13:00 – 15:00 Recommendations / recurrent diligences from a VAT perspective
- Diligence checks in respect of the business partners;
- Diligence checks in respect of the documents supporting the VAT treatment applicable to the performed transactions;
- Checking the compliance with the arm’s length principle in case of transactions between affiliated parties not having full VAT deduction right;
- VAT obligations for continuous supplies of goods/services which took place during a period of time;
- Non-transfer of goods in other Member States;
- Rules applicable to protocol and / or sponsorship activities.
15:00 – 15:15 Coffee break
15:15 – 16:00 Year-end checklist
- Prescription term and VAT recovery / adjustment;
- Adjustment of the VAT related to receivables;
- Further deduction of VAT for purchases from suppliers declared inactive or with the canceled VAT code;
- The right of deduction and the obligation to adjust the VAT related to capital goods;
- Annual inventory - verification of the VAT adjustment / self-collection obligation;
- VAT adjustment obligations regarding technological losses and own consumption.
16:00 Event closing
*The delivery language of the seminar is Romanian
150 € – per participant
Snacks and lunch are included during the event. The participation fee does not include VAT.
The invoice for the participation fee will be issued and provided after the event.
Raluca Baldea - Director, Indirect Tax, Deloitte Romania
Raluca is a Director within the Indirect Tax Department of Deloitte Romania, specialized in VAT.
Raluca has gathered an extensive experience in assisting local and multinational companies in projects: tax structuring and optimization, tax due diligence, tax advisory, tax reviews or tax litigations, as well as tax representation
Raluca was the coordinator for Kuwait Petroleum on its tax compliance and tax advisory activities in more than 24 Central Europe and non-Central Europe countries.
Raluca is a chartered tax advisor, member of the Romanian Chamber of Tax Consultants and tax expert registered at National Courts. She holds a BA in Business Administration from the Academy of Economic Studies in Bucharest.
Ana Sabiescu – Senior Manager, Indirect Tax, Deloitte Romania
Ana is a Senior Manager within the Tax Department of Deloitte Romania, specialized in VAT. She has an experience of more than eight years on VAT advisory projects, tax reviews, tax optimization projects, restructuring projects, tax litigations, as well as tax representation in front of the tax authorities.
Ana is Certified tax consultant, member of the Romanian Chamber of Tax Consultants.
She graduated a master class in Tax Law at the Law Faculty from Bucharest University. Ana has also graduated the Finance, Insurance, Banking and Stock Exchanges faculty and the master class in Management of Banking Systems from the Academy of Economic Studies from Bucharest.
The event will be held on November 19, 2019 at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - City Plaza, (9-13, Sindicatelor Street), Cluj-Napoca.
Mobile: +40 733 003 850
You can cancel your registration for this event, by sending an email to email@example.com not later than 5 days before the date of the event. We reserve the right to cancel the event if the minimum number of confirmations is not met. In this case, you will be informed in due time.