Deloitte at the 2017 World Economic Forum on Africa
Achieving Inclusive Growth through Responsive and Responsible Leadership
As a Strategic Partner, we participated in the World Economic Forum on Africa regional summit, which was hosted in Durban, South Africa from 3-5 May 2017. Through our presence, we helped to produce fresh ideas, sparked needed debate and offered forward-thinking approaches to some of the most vexing issues confronting business, government and civil society.
This year the theme was “Achieving Inclusive Growth through Responsive and Responsible Leadership, which integrated the following sub-themes:
- Connecting markets
- Revitalizing manufacturing
- Integrating innovation
Deloitte was be represented by the following delegates:
- Lwazi Bam, CEO, Deloitte Africa
- David Barnes, Global Managing Director, Public Policy
- Kevin Black, Leader, Clients and Industries, Africa, Deloitte South Africa
- Gary Coleman, Advisor, Global Industry, Deloitte USA
- Sihlalo Jordam, Partner and Deputy Chief Executive, Deloitte Africa
- Thiru Pillay, MD for Consulting, Deloitte Africa
- Ruwayda Redfearn, Office Managing Partner, Deloitte Africa
Gary Coleman facilitated the session "Industrial Internet of Things" on the private community program of the summit. The session focused on how African entrepreneurs and businesses can take advantage of emerging opportunities created by the rapid industrialization in areas like agriculture and transport across the continent.
Our branding and positioning was to build a profile for Deloitte both locally and regionally. The key messages were connected to the overall theme “Achieving Inclusive Growth through Responsive and Responsible Leadership”.
- LinkedIn blog by Gary Coleman: Infrastructure, entrepreneurs, and leapfrogging
More information on our presence in Durban is available here.