Home office: an effective tool to ensure business continuity in the time of home quarantine
How to set up work from home quickly and efficiently?
The epidemic of the new coronavirus COVID-19 and the related sharp increase in the number of employees in home quarantine makes companies and organisations face brand new challenges. How to ensure the company’s continued operation in this situation? The solution is a controlled set-up of work from home.
At Deloitte, we have a long-term positive experience with the use of home office, and in these challenging times, it helps us efficiently face the situation. To support the operation of home office, we have developed a technological solution that allows flexible responses to the current situation and covers all areas of employee work. This IT tool allows flexible monitoring of the efficiency of work from home even for large teams.
Together with this tool, we offer our expertise to organisations affected by the current wave of quarantines, which can help resolve additional questions related to work from home. What are they?
- Identification of processes and roles that can be reallocated to home office, depending on the availability of IT systems, data, and information in electronic form
- Addressing labour law aspects including the place of work, occupational health and safety, compensation calculation methodology, etc.
- Monitoring and analysis of employee activities, mapping and designing a controlled environment
- Solutions for management, communication, and interaction between employees
- Analysis of IT system security
- Preparation of a BCM strategy, identification of various scenarios for home office use, simulation, and testing
Home office: first a nice benefit, now a necessity
The government measures related to the prevention of the spread of the coronavirus and a global pandemic mean that home office stops being seen as simply a benefit, but instead as a necessity to maintain full operation of the company and its work activities. What advantages does it bring?
Immediate benefits in the current situation:
- Introducing a functional Business Continuity solution for workers who are or will be quarantined
Long-term benefits, even after the current situation subsides:
- An additional benefit for employees (time saving, flexibility, comfort)
- A larger pool of employees and potential job applicants
- Cost-saving for the employer
- Analysis of the room for automation of activities, improving process efficiency