Health and safety in the construction industry has been added to your bookmarks.
Health and safety in the construction industry
Construction has always been a high-risk industry. Industrial accident rates in the industry are very high.
Health and safety (H&S) activities are often perfunctory and reduced merely to the signing of accident prevention training logs. This sort of attitude should not be tolerated, however, as it may lead to tragic consequences and could pose significant risks for an entire project.
Non-compliance with safety regulations is an administrative offense (Article 5.27.1 of the Russian Federation Code of Administrative Offenses), for which employers may be subject to monetary and non-monetary penalties, such as disqualification and suspension of operations.
In an effort to mitigate such risks, Deloitte offers the following measures:
- Audits of statutory documentation and H&S procedures;
- Assistance with the organization, optimization and automation of statutory H&S procedures;
- Advice on compliance in the areas of employment relations and H&S;
- Expert examination of design documentation for compliance with industrial safety regulations;
- Development of statutory H&S documentation in compliance with legislation;
During the implementation stage of a construction project:
a. Expert examination of the current state of health and safety activities and preparation of relevant recommendations;
b. Daily H&S control.