Russian Pharmaceutical Market Trends in 2017 has been added to your bookmarks.
Russian Pharmaceutical Market Trends in 2017
Track & trace system: additional costs or opportunities?
Deloitte CIS Research Center
As one of the most high-tech intensive industries, the pharmaceutical sector is characterised by rapid changes in product offerings. While staying competitive in the industry requires a continuing flow of financial support and rigorous innovation, pharmaceutical investments can generate lucrative returns, with the industry itself having the potential to become one of the powerhouses of the Russian economy.
Even though the Russian pharmaceutical market has been demonstrating an overall stable growth, particularly in ruble terms, the growth rates over 2013–2016 are down by nearly two times—from 14 percent to 7 percent. As an area of high social and economic importance, the pharmaceutical industry is under close government scrutiny where decisions by authorities set a development path for the industry as a whole. The government manages its presence via tax and customs policies, subsidies and privileges, pricing and public procurement regulations. The industry is waiting for a new, mandatory medicine labeling and distribution monitoring (track & trace) framework to go live. This framework is designed to protect consumers against counterfeit drugs and provide the business community and the government with a transparent view of product flows.
- Analysis of the key statistics of the pharmaceutical market and the pharma industry in Russia
- Russian pharma industry: recent developments and future prospects
- Pharmaceutical companies in Russia: recent developments and future prospects
- Pharmaceutical companies in Russia: development strategies
- Cost optimization approaches
- Track & trace system
- Top issues facing pharmaceutical companies in Russia
- Trading policies on the Russian pharmaceutical market
- Expert opinion: priority regulatory areas for improvement
- Regulatory measures aimed at reducing the share of pharmaceutical imports
Our most recent survey includes the views of respondents from 58 Russian and foreign generic and original drug manufacturers in Russia and abroad, including pharma distributors.
This survey has been conducted annually since 2013 and forms the basis for a comprehensive study of the Russian pharmaceutical industry.