Celebrating our people - Danilo Navarro has been saved
Celebrating our people - Danilo Navarro
Deloitte SEA has many amazing people! As we commemorate our 175th Anniversary this year, we want to celebrate our people and feature some of them including those who are passionate about their hobbies. Here, we spotlight Danilo Navarro, Deloitte Philippines Tax Director, an avid runner!
1. When did you start running?
I ran my first marathon in July 2015. Since then I participated in 27 full marathons and five Ultramarathons (50km and up) locally and internationally.
2. What do you like about running?
I basically love sports, whether as a participant or simply as a fan. Since I was a kid, I tried different sports such as swimming, martial arts, badminton, and many others. However, once I began running, I fell in love with the sport as I discovered that I started losing weight even though I did not reduce my food intake.
In addition, running is the best way to spend some “me time”, and I make it a point to set aside at least one hour a day without any gadgets! After participating in numerous local and international races, what I also enjoy about running is gaining new friends and even clients.
3. How often do you run and where?
I run at least 10km a day either on a treadmill or within Bonifacio Global City.
4. Have you competed in any races or marathons? If so, which ones?
Since 2015, I participated 27 full marathons and five Ultramarathons:
- Osaka Marathon – 2019 and 2018
- Kyoto Marathon – 2018
- Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon – 2019 and 2017
- Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon – 2017 and 2016
- Borneo International Marathon – 2017
- Milo International Marathon – 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- The Bull Runner Batch 2016 (42km)
- Tagaytay to Nasugbu 50km Ultramarathon – 2016 and 2018
- Tagaytay to Sta. Rosa 50km Ultramarathon – 2016
- Cardimax 50km Ultramarathon – 2017
- 12 Hours Endurance Run - 2019
- Bohol International Marathon – 2017, 2018, 2019
- Siargao International Marathon – 2019
- Palawan Express Marathon – 2019
- Subic Bay International Marathon – 2016
- Natgeo Run – Full Marathon (2017)
5. Do you run with Deloitte people? If so who?
Currently, we have a group called, Deloitte Dreamers, as most of the members are Dream Marathoners and from The Bull Runner, a running university in the Philippines which is only opened to first and second time marathoners. Once you enroll in their program you will be called a Dreamer. For this program, you will have to complete 22 weeks of training from the day you register till you cross the finish line on race day.