Celebrating our people - Ellisa Tanara has been saved
Celebrating our people - Ellisa Tanara
Deloitte SEA has many amazing people and as we celebrate our 175th Anniversary this year, we want to salute our longest serving partners. Here, we spotlight Ellisa Tanara, retired Deloitte Indonesia Partner & former SEA Talent Leader, who had been with Deloitte Indonesia for more than 30 years!
1. Please share how you had progressed over the years at Deloitte.
Deloitte had given me opportunities to build my career at my own rhythm, that is to work at full capacity or to slow down at times when I needed to balance between my career and personal family commitments.
2. How has Deloitte developed over the years?
In the past, Deloitte was recognised mainly as an Audit firm. Now, Deloitte is well known as a world class professional services firm.
3. What did you enjoy most about working at Deloitte?
When you are feeling down, you can be assured that the partners and colleagues will be there to support and cheer you up.
4. What was the most important lesson you have learnt at Deloitte?
Deloitte is a place that provides us with tremendous opportunities to excel and this includes continuous learning, exciting client engagements, project opportunities, career progression and many more. It is up to us how we leverage these opportunities.
5. What was your biggest achievement to date?
I will not call it achievement but I would like to call life at Deloitte a journey. We will reach every milestone through continuous learning and hard work, and not forgetting to play hard too!
6. Please share a little about your hobbies and what do you like to do in your free time?
During my free time, I love to do yoga as you will be able to feel the positive energy that makes you calm and fresh. I also enjoy listening to music of any genre, as long as it sounds nice. Lastly, I love to travel. There is a Chinese proverb saying, "Traveling thousands of miles is better than reading thousands of books". It is very true that you can learn more by actually experiencing things yourself.
7. What advice would you give to our new hires on how to succeed in their careers as well as personal lives?
Never be afraid to share your knowledge with others, because through sharing, you learn new things.
8. What would you like to wish Deloitte as we celebrate our 175th Anniversary?
I wish Deloitte continued success in the next 100 years and many more to come! Happy 175th anniversary, Deloitte!