Celebrating our people - Nguyen Kim Lien has been saved
Celebrating our people - Nguyen Kim Lien
Deloitte SEA has many amazing people and as we celebrate our 175th Anniversary this year, we want to salute our longest serving employees. Here, we spotlight Nguyen Kim Lien, Deloitte Vietnam Administration Manager, who has been with Deloitte Vietnam for 27 years!
1. When did you first join Deloitte/Deloitte’s predecessor firm and what was your role?
I joined Deloitte Vietnam in June 1993 as an administrative officer.
2. How have you progressed over the years at Deloitte?
I started off as an administrative staff and over the years, Deloitte has recognised my work and dedication, and helped me progress in my career to become an Administration Manager. I really love my job here and I will always try my best at work.
3. How has Deloitte changed over the years?
Deloitte has changed significantly in many aspects, particularly in terms of technology application. The software systems that Deloitte applies have become more advanced and supportive of the administrative work and talent development. Tools such as SAP, Concur and RPM play a big part in supporting employees at work.
4. What do you enjoy most about working at Deloitte
I love Deloitte’s working environment the most. Over the years, I have met many good colleagues who are willing to share and help each other at work.
5. What is the most important lesson that you have learnt at Deloitte?
The most important lesson would be teamwork. In a professional working environment like Deloitte, leaders and staff work with the “As One” spirit to achieve our common goals.
6. Why did you decide to stay at Deloitte for so long?
I stayed at Deloitte because it suits my abilities and interest. Deloitte helps me in developing my managing skills and has given me opportunities to enrich my knowledge. I am very proud of being a part of the Deloitte family. Deloitte is my second home.
7. How do you balance work with your family/personal life?
My family understands what I am doing and always supports me. Outside of work, I usually spend time taking care of my family and going on holidays together.
8. What advice would you give to our new hires on how to succeed in their careers as well as personal lives?
They should be passionate about their careers, have a strong sense of responsibility and work well in a team. However, they must also remember to balance their lives and always be positive - that is the key to being successful and happy both in work and life.
9. What would you like to wish Deloitte as we celebrate our 175th Anniversary?
I wish Deloitte sustainable growth and many more achievements!