Celebrating our people – Marites Landicho has been saved
Celebrating our people – Marites Landicho
Deloitte SEA has many amazing people and as we celebrate our 175th Anniversary this year, we want to salute our longest serving partners. Here we spotlight Audit & Assurance Partner, Marites Landicho, who has been with Deloitte Philippines for 21 years!
1. When did you first join Deloitte and what was your role?
I joined Deloitte in 1999 when our local firm became part of Deloitte Philippines. I was an Audit Supervisor (equivalent to Assistant Audit Manager at this time).
2. Please share how you have progressed over the years at Deloitte. How has Deloitte helped you in your career development?
From being an Audit Supervisor in 1999, I was promoted to Audit Partner in 2005. Since I started my journey in Deloitte, I was given opportunities to work abroad through the Global Development program, and attended various technical and soft skills trainings which helped me in my role as an Audit Partner.
3. What do you enjoy most about working at Deloitte?
I enjoy working in Deloitte as I am able to work with different clients, meet people, and have the opportunity to do what I love to do.
4. What is the most important lesson that you have learnt at Deloitte?
Over the years, I realised that we should always guard our actions especially if we are in a leadership position, as our people expect us to be role models. Doing the right thing is the best we can offer to the firm and to the people we work with.
5. What is your biggest achievement to date?
Being an audit partner, a wife, and a mother all at the same time.
6. Please share a little about your family and what you like to do in your free time?
I have four children, two boys and two girls. I met my husband while working at Deloitte. During my free time, I love to watch movies with my family or dine-out. I also enjoy drawing, gardening and diffusing essential oils.
7. What advice would you give to our new hires on how to succeed in their careers as well as personal lives?
I would advise them that hard work, patience and integrity should be our guiding principles. There is no short cut to achieving success in our professional and personal lives. Always remember to thank God for all the blessings we received.
8. What would you like to wish Deloitte as we celebrate our 175th Anniversary?
I wish Deloitte another 175 years or more, and to continue building a workplace of trust and equal opportunities for its people and to be the undisputed leader in the market. May Deloitte thrive during these difficult times and continue making an impact that matters!