Deloitte-SMU Audit Analytics has been saved
Deloitte-SMU Audit Analytics
Our new Audit Analytics elective is part of the “Powering Audit Analytics – in partnership with Deloitte” programme, which is created in collaboration with the Singapore Management University (SMU). Deloitte Singapore is the first to design and teach the Audit Analytics elective under the School of Accountancy.
Do you aspire to be a highly sought after accountant after graduation?
If your answer is yes, join the new Audit Analytics elective module and you will be on your way to becoming the next leading generation of accountants who are well-equipped with audit analytics capabilities!
The new elective module is part of the “Powering Audit Analytics – in partnership with Deloitte” programme, which is created in collaboration with the Singapore Management University (SMU). Deloitte Singapore is the first to design and teach the Audit Analytics elective under the School of Accountancy.
As part of the programme, you will:
- Learn to apply data analytics in audit based on an risk-based methodology with real-life examples
- Be equipped with analytics skills to prepare yourself for the technological advances that has shaped the way audit is done
- Apply audit analytics in real-life companies through the development of prototype dashboards with guidance and mentorship provided by audit partners from Deloitte
- Gain first-hand experience through taking on real-life projects for Deloitte
- Have priority internship placements at Deloitte, including overseas opportunities for students in the Second Major in Accounting Data & Analytics (Bachelor of Accountancy) to get first-hand opportunities to work with the Analytics team within Deloitte
- Receive book prizes if you are the top two performing audit analytics students
- Be offered priority job placements with Deloitte
Powering Audit Analytics
Through the audit analytics module, I learnt to use tools such as SQL and Tableau, which will prepare me for the workforce and give me an edge over my peers.
SMU School of Accountancy Year 4 student
I believe that Deloitte is at the forefront of auditing and I was interested in pursuing this module to better understand audit analytics.
Ng Yan Lun
SMU BAcc Class of 2019
The Audit Analytics module is more interesting than the usual accounting modules that I have taken as it is open-ended, have a lot of unknown and also involves a lot of hands-on application of what we have learnt.
Lee Kai Yang
SMU BAcc Class of 2019
Who is eligible?
All SMU accountancy undergraduates are welcome to apply for the elective programme.
How to apply?
This elective program will be taught in the Academic Year 2020-2021 Semester 1 (August 2020) and it will be open for bidding on SMU’s BOSS (Bidding Online SyStem) platform.
For more information of the programme, you can log on to https://accountancy.smu.edu.sg/bachelor-accountancy/accounting-data-and-analytics.
Enrol now to be part of this first-class experience on Audit Analytics!