Deloitte-SMU Audit Analytics
Our new Audit Analytics elective is part of the “Powering Audit Analytics – in partnership with Deloitte” programme, which is created in collaboration with the Singapore Management University (SMU). Deloitte Singapore is the first to design and teach the Audit Analytics elective under the School of Accountancy.
Do you aspire to be a highly sought after accountant after graduation?
If your answer is yes, join the new Audit Analytics elective module and you will be on your way to becoming the next leading generation of accountants who are well-equipped with audit analytics capabilities!
The new elective module is part of the “Powering Audit Analytics – in partnership with Deloitte” programme, which is created in collaboration with the Singapore Management University (SMU). Deloitte Singapore is the first to design and teach the Audit Analytics elective under the School of Accountancy.
As part of the programme, you will:
- Learn to apply data analytics in audit based on an risk-based methodology with real-life examples
- Be equipped with analytics skills to prepare yourself for the technological advances that has shaped the way audit is done
- Apply audit analytics in real-life companies through the development of prototype dashboards with guidance and mentorship provided by audit partners from Deloitte
- Gain first-hand experience through taking on real-life projects for Deloitte
- Have priority internship placements at Deloitte, including overseas opportunities for students in the Second Major in Accounting Data & Analytics (Bachelor of Accountancy) to get first-hand opportunities to work with the Analytics team within Deloitte
- Receive book prizes if you are the top two performing audit analytics students
- Be offered priority job placements with Deloitte
Who is eligible?
All SMU accountancy undergraduates* are welcome to apply for the elective programme.
How to apply?
This elective programme will be taught for the first time in the Academic Year 2018-2019, Semester 1 (August 2018), and it will be open for bidding on SMU’s BOSS (Bidding Online SyStem) platform. It will be open again for enrolment in Academic Year 2019-2020, Semester 2 (January 2020), during bidding in November 2018.
For more information of the programme, you can log on to https://accountancy.smu.edu.sg/bachelor-accountancy/accounting-data-and-analytics.
Enrol now to be part of this first-class experience on Audit Analytics!
* Prerequisite - ACCT331 Audit and Assurance and IS112 Data Management