Basics – Understanding GST concepts and fundamentals
How accurate are your GST returns?
19 May 2017, 9am – 5pm, Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel
This workshop will help you keep pace with the changes. To get the most out of our GST workshops, we would recommend that participants attend our GST Basics workshop before attending our GST Advanced workshop.
Topics covered in the basics workshop will include:
- Principles of GST
- Type, place, time and value of supply
- International services
- Export of goods and required supporting export documents
- Import of goods and valuation issues
- Common problem areas:
- Fringe benefits: “blocked” input tax and “deemed” output tax
- Recovery of expenses: reimbursement vs. disbursements
- Accounting for GST on sponsorship activities
- GST issues on secondment of staff
- Practical examples of the above topics and relevant case studies