Free Trade Agreements has been saved
Free Trade Agreements
The increasing number of Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) covering goods traded with and within the Asia Pacific region present significant opportunities for businesses to reduce the landed cost of goods and increase their competitiveness in the global marketplace.
To navigate the complex rules of origin and certification procedures oftentimes found in the differing FTAs, our team at Deloitte provides the following support:
- Identify available FTAs based on existing or proposed supply chain (e.g. manufacturing locations and destination countries);
- Determine qualifying Rules of Origin and Operational Certification Procedures that needs to be satisfied under the applicable FTAs;
- Review product eligibility to meet Rules of Origin and advise on alternative ways of product qualification;
- Advise on the process and steps to obtain relevant Certificates of Origin (COO) in the country of export and to be able to secure claims for preferential duty rates in the country of import;
- Assist with filing necessary applications to authorities and support on post-import origin verification request from authorities;
- Develop procedure manuals for FTA implementation;
- Provide awareness and training workshops on the utilisation of FTAs; and
- Promote the use of automated tools to support utilisation of FTAs, monitoring of origin qualification and tracking of duties paid and saved.
For queries or assistance relating to the use of FTAs, feel free to send us an email through the Get in Touch section below or via the online form on the link at the right.