Sworn Fiscal Advisory Services
Corporation Tax Return Certification services assist tax payers in terms of adapting to the ongoing legal developments and fulfilling their tax duties in a secured way. In the frame of Corporation Tax Return Certification services, tax payer’s financial statements and tax returns are subjected to a compliance audit as per the related tax regulations as well as the accounting principles and standards. As such, Corporate Tax Certification services not only minimize the tax payers’ erroneous tax applications but also prepares them for a possible tax audit by the Tax Authority, who has been putting efforts to increase the efficiency and prevalence of tax audits, via broadening the scope of risk analysis-based tax audit system.
Corporation tax return certification
The scope of annual corporation tax return certification services comprises in detail:
- Tax audit of the statutory accounts to check compliance with the Turkish Tax Procedures Code,
- Reviewing the compliance of the accounting system in accordance with the Accounting System Application General Communiqués,
- Checking the statutory books and documentation in compliance with the Turkish Tax Procedures Code,
- Compliance check visits on a quarterly basis to ensure the correctness of advance corporation tax return filing,
- Checking of the accuracy of year-end calculations and valuations which affect the determination of corporate tax liabilities (inflation accounting applications (if any), depreciation, valuations of foreign currency denominated assets and liabilities, determination of disallowable expenses etc.),
- Checking of disallowable and deductible expenses for the purpose of the proper determination of the corporate tax base,
- Checking accuracy of the annual corporate tax return and its attachments,
- Submission of tax audit report to the tax office
Other certification services
- Certification of paid-in capital amount prior to capital increase
- Certification of revaluation fund and other internal reserves which can be added to capital
- Certification of investment allowance exemption
- Certification of VAT refund
- Certification of income exempt from corporation tax
- Other certification services of specific purpose in accordance with the legislation governing such services
International Strategic Tax Review (ISTR)
As companies expand globally, their global tax and treasury strategies need to become more integrated, flexible and sustainable. Deloitte's International Strategic Tax Review (ISTR) helps companies understand the drivers of their effective tax rate (ETR), assess risks, and better align tax management with future business model developments. Deloitte assists with foreign tax credits, income repatriation, ETR forecasting, risk management, post-merger integration and legal entity rationalization. An ISTR provides a framework for discussion, design and implementation of global tax and treasury strategies. Deloitte's fact-driven, analytical - rather than intuitive - approach helps multinational companies to objectively and methodically chart their tax strategy and manage risk going forward.
International mergers and acquisitions
All transactions-whether mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, equity investments, or divestitures-raise complex issues regarding potential tax risks and provide opportunities to implement practical strategies to improve tax efficiency and certainty. When deals involve companies with global operations, the range of issue to consider is compounded. Companies need an adviser with deep experience across a wide range of issues in multiple jurisdictions. Deloitte offers support in all aspects of mergers, acquisition or disposition transactions, including due diligence, structuring, modeling, financing, post-merger integration and reporting. Deloitte can assist in effectively navigating the myriad of tax, accounting, regulatory, cultural, and labor issues that arise in a transaction and helps companies to fully realize the anticipated post integration benefits.
Business model optimization (BMO)
In light of today's dynamic global economic environment and the potential for legislative changes, assessing a multinational's global business model may no longer be an optional exercise. Deloitte's Business Model Optimization (BMO) teams provides high quality, customized tax and business model transformation services. We particularly specialize in the areas of global supply chain and intellectual property, seeking to align business objectives with tax minimization. Our goal is to help multinationals integrate their operational and tax planning in a scalable and sustainable way to enable business leaders make more effective decisions on an after-tax basis.
Deloitte delivers business model optimization services using the BMO Insight methodology, a set of experience based approaches to developing solutions to a range of tax issues and opportunities.
International expansion services (IES)
Increasingly, companies looking to grow revenues and increase profitability are expanding sales and operations into new geographies. Starting with a company's strategic objectives, Deloitte helps businesses to quickly navigate new landscapes by advising on a wide variety of start-up activities. Deloitte’s services include location assessments, market trends analysis, and site selection, all the way through to legal structuring, investment constructs, compliance requirements, talent and staffing strategies, and identification and evaluation of indirect, corporate and employment tax considerations. Deloitte offers businesses a coordinated approach through a single point of contact and brings together professionals with specialized skills at the appropriate points in time. This helps organizations be confident that they have access to appropriate skills at an appropriate time, accelerate timelines and to realize the benefits of their expansion efforts.