Information and Communications Technology Market in Turkey
2017 Market Data
The Turkish Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector grew by 18.2% and reached 116.9 billion TL in 2017. The market breakdown is as follows:
· Electronic Communications: 51.1 billion TL (with a 12.6% growth)
· Communications Equipment: 24.5 billion TL (with a 30.3% growth)
· Hardware: 16.0 billion TL (with a 13.8% growth)
· Software: 18.8 billion TL (with a 20.5% growth)
· IT Services: 6.4 billion TL (with a 29.1% growth)
Turkish ICT sector has also expanded in terms of workforce and reached to 128 thousand employees. Sector employs 27% woman professionals and 70% university graduates.
The total export volume of the sector is 4.7 billion TL which grew by 33% year-over-year.