Deloitte at WEF’s Annual Meeting of the New Champions
The World Economic Forum's Annual Meeting of the New Champions (AMNC) is held each year in China. Established in 2007 as the foremost global gathering on science, technology and innovation, it convenes the next generation of fast-growing enterprises with world leaders from business, government, media and civil society.
The 2018 Annual Meeting of the New Champions was held in Dalian, China, on 27 – 29 June. More than 2000 participants from 90 countries convened under the theme "Achieving Inclusive Growth in the Fourth Industrial Revolution", which focused on the following three dimensions:
- Enabling Emerging Technologies
- Preparing for Systems Leadership
- Rethinking Inclusive Growth
Deloitte’s delegation included:
- Gary Coleman, Managing Principal, Global Industry, Senior Client Adviser
- Yaohua (Stanley) Dai, Managing Partner, Deloitte China
- Paul Yu Hay Siu, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Deloitte China
- Ying (Rosa) Yang, Chair, Global Chinese Services Group
The following Deloitte leaders additionally participated in specialist sessions at AMNC related to specific Forum projects and initiatives:
- Jeffrey Carbeck (Global Future Council on Advanced Manufacturing), Specialist Leader, Advanced Materials and Manufacturing
Gary Coleman facilitated the “Building Blocks for Innovation” session.
The panellists included:
- Andrea Bandelli - Executive Director, Science Gallery International, Ireland
- Calvin Chin - Founder, Transist, People’s Republic of China, Young Global Leader
- Marjolein Helder - Chief Executive Officer, Plant-e, Netherlands
- David Herzl - Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, Aclima, USA
Rintaro Tamaki - Deputy Secretary General, OECD
Our branding and positioning was to build a profile for Deloitte both locally and regionally. The key messages were connected to the overall theme “Achieving Inclusive Growth in the Fourth Industrial Revolution”.
Read Gary Coleman’s blog post “Companies benefit from the Fourth Industrial Revolution, but do countries?” on the World Economic Forum website here.
Read Jeffrey Carbeck’s blog post “The World Economic Forum Releases This Year's Top Ten Emerging Technologies” on Linkedin here.