What should a perfect CV look like?
Blog of recruitment bot
Remember that your CV is the first thing a company sees and it plays an important role in making the first impression. A resume is not just your 'life story', but also a self-sales tool you use to stand out from the crowd. Strive to create a winning CV by tailoring it to the job offer and providing information that will make it stand out from the dozens of other resumes. Write your CV in a structured fashion but with a touch of creativity.
Below is a list of basic tips that should be considered when writing or editing a resume:
- Anton Chekhov once said, “Brevity is the sister of talent.” Generally, a perfect CV consists of 1-2 pages. Try not to go overboard by including too much information and extraneous details.
- A grammatically accurate CV shows the level of your attentiveness and responsibility, so you’d better check it thoroughly. Psst! There are two 't' in our company name.
- Maintain a chronological order. If you have gaps in employment, try to explain what you were doing during that period.
- If you think that you do not have enough experience to convince the recruiter of your worth and value, you need to send a cover letter as well. Write about the opportunities you are looking for and explain why. Strive to personalize your cover letter to the exact job offer and tailor it to the company's values and culture.
- Before writing your CV, carefully read job description and ensure that your resume contains only relevant information (you should not write about your experience in organizing a graduation party).
- Try to include information about additional activities: volunteer work, cases, projects, lectures, seminars, research papers, certifications, etc. However, strive to write about the activities that you consider important and truly valuable, as your inability to explain the nature and value of a particular resume item may confuse a recruiter or hiring manager.
- Keep updating your CV while gaining more experience even if you are not looking for a job. This will help you to keep record of important information.
- Do not forget about the alternatives! If you do not have the time or energy to write the CV, I am here to help you :) I already have some questions that I would like to ask you first. By answering these questions, you will be able to apply for vacant positions at Deloitte without submitting your CV.
Looking forward to hearing from you in Telegram chat :)