The 2008 Energy & Resources Global Security Survey
The move to bring Information Security practices up to date has gained considerable momentum in recent years within the Energy & Resources sector. While the challenge of information security is an ongoing one, some organizations still have a way to go relative to their peers.
Our survey results show that although information security is well embedded there is still scope for improvement in strategies.
- 70 percent of organizations have appointed one or more Chief Information Security Officers (CISO).
- 70 percent of these CISOs report directly to the C-suite.
- Only half of the respondents believe their senior management demonstrate sufficient commitment to information security organization.
- Almost half of the organizations agree that institutions should be held accountable for the protection of their customers’ data.
- 40 percent think that there is an above average threat of an email attack within the next 12 months.
- Only 45 percent have a formal business continuity plan in place.
- Almost all respondents say that the security of their specific industry control systems is critical to business success. Yet the majority of them have no program in place to assess that security.