1. Ukraine introduced a so-called “Google tax”. What is this novelty about and who will it concern? Aleksander Cherinko and Andriy Polischuk reveal the details in the second episode of the new Taxation in Ukraine: Key Takeaways series as part of Tax&Legal Talks, in which we share latest news from the world of tax and legislation. The podcast is available in Ukrainian.
2. On 3 June 2021, the Ukrainian Parliament adopted the Law “On Amending the Tax Code of Ukraine Concerning the Abolition of Taxation of Income Received by Non-Residents in the Form of Payment for Production and/or Distribution of Advertising and Improvement of the Procedure of Value-Added Taxation of Transactions on the Supply of Electronic Services by Non-Residents to Individuals”, No. 1525-IX.
The Law makes amendments to the Tax Code of Ukraine that introduce VAT taxation of the services supplied electronically by non-residents to individuals. The Law is available in Ukrainian.
3. The Ministry of Finance of Ukraine has developed and published a draft order, which will approve:
- Simplified VAT return form (bilingual);
- VAT adjusting calculation form for the correction of self-identified errors (bilingual);
- Procedure for filling out and submitting of simplified VAT reporting (currently available only in Ukrainian).
If approved, this order will take effect on 1 January 2022, but not earlier than the day of its official publication.
4. The State Tax Service of Ukraine has launched a special web-portal for non-residents supplying electronic services to Ukrainian individuals. The portal will allow non-residents to register as VAT payers in Ukraine, file and submit VAT returns, pay VAT liabilities to a special treasury account in the State budget of Ukraine, communicate with the STSU representatives, receive tax payment notifications, etc.