With indirect tax becoming many governments preferred method of revenue raising, and evermore complicated regulations focused on combatting fraud, it’s more critical than ever to manage indirect tax compliance and cash flows. Deloitte’s network of indirect tax experts is well informed and understands the nuances of regulations, the importance of deep industry knowledge and the growing role of technology experience.
VAT alone, if not duly accounted for in a company's tax strategy, may increase the cost of operations in Ukraine. In addition, VAT can be a significant cash flow cost for businesses due to delays with VAT refunds or the necessity to pay output VAT in the absence of cash received from customers. Frequent changes in legislation and a lack of unified interpretation of this legislation by the tax authorities make indirect taxes a complex field of legislation.
We have a team of indirect tax specialists that specialize in helping companies comply with the complex and rapidly changing requirements for VAT and excise tax in Ukraine. Our services include:
- A review of the company’s business model from the point of view of indirect taxes with the identification of areas of risk and the possible optimization of indirect tax payments.
- Detailing strategies on how to claim VAT refunds and support with implementing this strategy.
- Analysis of contractual arrangements in view of the potential negative implications related to VAT and excise issues.
- On-going consultation on the application of indirect taxes to particular transactions and activities; such as capital construction, business reorganization and trade incentives.
Customs & Global Trade
Customs duties and international trade costs directly affect companies’ profitability. Non-compliance with customs regulations and reporting may result in significant penalties and costs for the business. In this respect, effective management of global trade decisions and obligations are an important factor in a company’s global supply chain.
Our customs professionals help design strategies and structure global trade transactions that reduce customs duty payments and other international trade costs and that help ensure that legal and regulatory requirements are met. We offer services including:
- Analysis of the application of various customs procedures so that customs duties and other costs are optimized.
- Advising on customs valuation issues which may arise, in particular, for newly imported products as well those companies in the course of changing a business model or supply chain.
- Optimising post-merger integration by tracking duty risks and potential opportunities.
- Helping to reconcile and determine consistent support for what is an "arm's length" or "fair" value for both customs and transfer pricing purposes.
Customs compliance review
- We offer a proprietary, flexible, and tailored approach to customs and global trade to help clients efficiently manage customs and international trade business processes, assess compliance risks, and take advantage of cash flow opportunities.
- Our customs compliance review will provide a clear framework for multinational companies that are seeking greater transparency in trade data and compliance levels and pursuing stronger operational and strategic compliance measures covering classification, origin, and valuation.
- Enhanced customs and trade operations will help free up your supply chain and financial staff so that they can focus on strategic business objectives and facilitate consistent diagnosis of customs and trade related risks and opportunities.
Business model optimization
Companies are looking for a sustainable competitive edge. Deloitte's Business Model Optimisation (BMO) professionals work as part of an integrated team consisting of consulting, enterprise risk and tax specialists. We focus on removing avoidable costs from global trade transactions while ensuring compliance with the myriad of trade regulations around the world.
Our approach to optimising business models and supply chains considers both import and export requirements, which helps companies to avoid incremental duty/trade costs and/or supply chain interruption. It also affords companies an opportunity to optimize their customs and global trade processes and to gain a sustainable competitive edge through increased efficiency.