A guide to investing in the UK for Japanese companies has been saved
A guide to investing in the UK for Japanese companies
The UK remains one of the most attractive destinations for Japanese investments.
As a world leader in innovation, with a highly skilled workforce and a competitive tax regime, many Japanese businesses look to the UK for growth opportunities.
This guide, produced in conjunction with Department for International Trade, provides guidance for Japanese businesses looking to establish a footprint in the UK. The guide is available in English and Japanese. It covers issues such as:
- Possible entry strategies, including contracts with import agencies and joint ventures
- Mergers and acquisitions, including finding an acquisition target and the due diligence process
- Corporate structure, including a UK Establishment or a UK-Incorpoated company
- Taxation, including corporation tax, VAT and PAYE
- People and immigration, including details of the visa system
- Location and premises, including a breakdown of the property purchase process
Japan has long been one of our key investment and trading partners, building on the historical ties between our two countries, our similar position as advanced trading nations and the often complimentary skillsets.
Chris Heffer, Director of Trade & Investment, Department for International Trade Japan
Read other publications in the Welcome Ashore series