Disputes has been saved
We help clients to reduce and manage their disputes and implement their global litigation strategies. We can assist you by providing strategic advice, by effectively resolving or litigating the disputes that cannot be avoided, and by selectively escalating claims that need to be pursued to protect your position and maximise business value.
If your dispute escalates, our team has the skills and experience to pursue and defend the largest and most complex claims in a variety of subject matters and sectors and in all major forums.
We advise at all stages of a dispute – from strategies to deal with contentious matters, to negotiation, all forms of alternative dispute resolution, interim applications, litigation and arbitration.
We provide a seamless service working with other professionals and experts – in particular, specialist counsel, forensics and investigations, expert accountants, subject matter experts and technologists as well as combining with Deloitte’s broader legal solutions and consulting and risk advisory capabilities.
We act on a broad range of commercial disputes, including contractual disputes, claims in tort, corporate disputes, international arbitration, investigations, contentious regulatory matters, civil fraud claims, and contentious privacy.
- Even with the best strategies and processes, not all disputes can be avoided. Bringing and defending claims and resolving high risk disputes may need to be part of your strategy to build and protect the value of your business.
- Where litigation or arbitration is necessary, we use market-leading technology and collaboration tools to project manage any dispute efficiently and to deliver coordinated solutions and advice within the specific timeframes desired by the client, working together with other specialists in our firm.
- Because we consider that there is huge strategic value in establishing the full facts at the outset of any matter, we are also adept at working with our clients and technical experts in carrying out forensic investigations at the outset of any contentious matter.
- Many of our clients operate on a global scale, so we regularly act in cross border disputes for multinational clients, taking advantage of Deloitte global reach and expertise in other jurisdictions to offer a consistent integrated service.
We specialise in helping both suppliers and customers to resolve their disputes and renegotiate their distressed projects. We have extensive experience of technical IT issues, involving data centres, networks, storage, databases, software coding errors and software defects.
- Our disputes team believes the best way to avoid disputes is to get strategic risk management advice right up front.
- Our IT Disputes team specialises in helping both suppliers and customers to resolve their disputes and has extensive experience of high value IT litigation and arbitration. The team has been involved in some of the world’s largest and most complex IT disputes, addressing complex technical and commercial issues as well as all forms of ADR to resolve disputes at an early stage.
- We also specialise in getting distressed IT or outsourcing projects back on track or managing an early exit for clients where salvaging the relationship is no longer realistic.
Our IP disputes experts advise on all types of IP disputes from tech-related patent, software and data disputes through to more traditional trade mark, passing off, copyright and design infringements.
- IP is a valuable business asset. An aspect of IP value is the ability to enforce and defend IP rights. Our IP disputes experts advise on enforcement and litigation strategy and act for clients in litigation, arbitration and resolving disputes.
- If our client has an IP dispute we work with them to determine business objectives and the best IP dispute strategy to achieve that outcome. Litigation and enforcement are appropriate in some circumstances and we act in high-profile litigation and arbitrations. In other cases dispute resolution and a commercial solution is the preferred outcome. Our team is pragmatic and supports clients to understand the best options for their business and to leverage IP disputes accordingly.