Leeds Crane Survey 2019
Building blocks for the future
Leeds has broken multiple construction records in 2018 as the city builds for the future, with new highs achieved in the Health and Education and Purpose-Built Student Accommodation sectors (PBSA).
The key findings show:
- 21 new starts, highest since 2007
- Second highest office space under construction in the history of the Leeds Crane Survey - 804,257 sq ft
- Most Health and Education floorspace under construction since the start of the Leeds Crane Survey - 743,000 sq ft
- 2,232 residential units currently under construction across the city centre
- Most student housing new starts (4) and student bedspaces under construction in the history of the Leeds Crane Survey - 2,768 compared to the annual average of 704 (since 2007).
Explore our findings
Space available sq ft:
Volume of new starts
Office volume under construction