The Leeds Crane Survey
Confidence and momentum
In 2014 office development returned at a pace for Leeds City Centre, and throughout 2015 we continued to see a sustained number of cranes on the Leeds skyline. Was 2015 the year of residential development?
2015 was a strong year for Leeds with sustained growth in all sectors. Investors are increasingly looking towards the regions to find better value for their money compared to London and Leeds is now starting to consolidate its position in the northern marketplace.
The key findings show:
- 16 new schemes have started (above the average 12)
- Office construction is at its highest since 2007
- The highest number of new residential starts in 9 years
- Investor increases across all sectors
- Growth in residential development
- Consolidation of Leeds’ position in the northern marketplace
Explore our findings
Total number of new starts
Office development pipeline
Total size (sq ft/units)