Leeds Crane Survey 2018
Taking up new residence
We have seen a long-awaited resurgence of residential development in Leeds City Centre and expect this developer confidence to continue to strengthen through 2018 and beyond. Leeds has a healthy city centre economy with improved job opportunities as a result of the significant increase in office space under construction, the second highest volume in a decade.
The key findings show:
- 16 new schemes have started, above the annual average number of 13
- New construction activity has been led by the residential sector with 1,586 residential units under construction, the highest since 2008.
- Office space under construction has increased significantly, from 460,690 sq ft in 2016 to 771,331 sq ft.
- Four new starts in the education sector in 2017 adding over half a million sq ft into the development pipeline.
- 2017 saw the highest number of hotel bedrooms (385) delivered in our survey history
Explore our findings
Space available sq ft:
Volume of new starts
Office volume under construction